Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rainy Days

Ok, so it has been raining off and on for the past 4 days. Do you know what that does to a family that homeschools and spends a majority of their breaks outside? Let me give you a hint....go smell your dog when it is wet. Children seem to acquire the same scent when allowed to play in the misty, wet weather. Now pretend for a moment that I dont have a smell phobia, however when you take the smell of wet dog and multiply that times 5, it could send even the sanest person over the edge. Not to mention that I have to be side by side with them as they read me a book that seems to be a million pages long because the smell is so overwhelming. Needless to say the girls are in the bath at this moment washing the stinch off so we can finish our schooling with the sweet smell of soap. Am I taking this a little too far? Maybe, but dont judge me until you have walked a moment in my shoes which I never take off my feet due to the fear of stepping on something yucky like a piece of wet cereal or a piece of melted cold ice or orange juice that was spilled this morning and no one seemed to see the need to clean the area with a wet cloth. So now every step I take makes a sticking noise but all that is something I will leave for another ranting post.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You're so funny! That post made me laugh. And here I was, thinking I'd be getting AWAY from the rain by coming to NC this week. Nope. And yes, wet kids are stinky. I may not be able to experience it x5, but x2 is enough for my nose.