Thursday, July 19, 2007

My Sweet Girls

On those days when the tables have turned 5 against 1, I go back and look at this sweet picture of my girls and remember the sweetness that brews inside of them. The way my youngest tells me every time she enters or leaves a room how much she loves me. And how my middle one tell me that I am just the right size for a mommy ( she senses my insecurities about weight). How my second youngest tries to morph herself into my mere space (that means she sits as close as she possibly can and wants to be everywhere I am). How my second oldest will sit and all of the sudden tell me I am beautiful (again another child who knows my insecurities). And then there is my oldest...she doesnt show affection the way the others do. However, she will come up and ask what can I do to help? She wants to do the big people stuff. She yearns to stand by my side and help me cook or cut vegtables up to cook. Every so often she will come up and want a hug unexpectedly. Not any ordinary hug, the biggest bear hug you can imagine. I guess I'll keep them and not sell them to the circus like I have threatened twice already this morning (and it is only 9:30).

1 comment:

Erin said...

Only twice this morning? Good grief, I sold mine to the gypsies at 8:00.