Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Would You Like Fries With That?!?


For everyone who grew up in my hometown, you will be shocked to know that the first McDonalds built there is no more. The firemen from all around participated in a controlled burn as a training on Sunday. As my parents and the kids and I were on our way home from Sunday lunch we drove down the road following a billow of smoke. This is the image that will be engraved into my childrens heads for a long time.

As we sat at the stoplight watching in awe...we suddenly heard a big cracking noise and noticed the roof was caving. One second we saw this image...

...then the next, we saw this. The roof fell right in front of us! And the heat that was coming off the flames was amazing. I have never been so close to an actual burning building, and all I can say is that I give all thanks to the men and women who risk their lives to fight the fires everyday!!! What an act of selflessness. I am still in awe just looking at the pictures.

2 comments:

sharon said...

wow, i had heard about this but didn't realize you got front row seats! Amazing!

Angell said...

I take Ant and his friends to the skate park sometimes. I rode by it on my way there and didn't notice it was gone. Then when I decided to go and get me a burger and fries I realized it was GONE! Great pictures!