Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy Birthday "H"

Today is "H" s birthday!!! She is 12 (or almost 13 as she says). I hope she doesnt wish away her 12th year to get to 13 faster. I dont think my kids realize that I dont want them to grow up so fast. Just yesterday I was looking out a hospital window at a little house on the mountain in Guam (my focal point) laboring for my first sweet baby. Now look at us! We are sitting on skype together enjoying a webcam birthday call from Big Papa. My baby isnt a baby anymore, and she doesnt need me to hold her hand for anything anymore, but wow what a joy it is to watch her grow and become the mini-woman she is. I love that she is her own person and sees things in a way that it makes me look at things differently. "H" is a treasure to my soul. She keeps me on my toes and probably always will thanks to her neverending desire for mystery and adventure. I love you "H"!!! Keep growing and maturing (not too fast) and always look to Jesus for your next step and He will keep you on the right path. Just remember 12 or 112 you will always be my baby!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy birthday, H! I remember holding you when you were a teeny tiny baby. And now I'm sure you're taller than me :) I hop you have a wonderful day celebrating!