Friday, April 16, 2010

A Look Back At The Beginning...

Do you ever sit down with new friends and they ask you how you met your husband or wife? Well, since we moved here a year ago I have become good friends with a fellow homeschooler. While at her house last week the question was presented as to how I met my Scooter Boo. (Of course they dont call him that) As I began the story of the Scooter Boo/Jenni Leigh romance I began to fall even more in love with my husband!! Weird... because I know the story and how it plays out, but my heart was pounding as I spoke as if I were there again. I think most people ask the 'in the beginning' question because they are confused how the two of us decided we would make a good team. Most people would compare us to things that seem as opposites in life...(salt & pepper, oil & vinegar)...but in reality these so called opposites are really compliments of each other. Big Papa makes me even better than I was before. When I pms he makes fun of me (indirectly), and I am able to see the light side of hormones. When I stress he makes me laugh! When I need a lift he shows up with whatever food treat he thinks will make me happy (by the way my favorite is a caramel sunday!!!)...if any of you know my Boo that takes a lot of love because he struggles with food obsessions! He's a good man that keeps life full of LIFE!!! I laugh more when we are together and he knows that is my love language!!! Thats what makes him so great...he speaks my language!!!! I love this man!!! It doesnt hurt that he is one handsome devil as well! He is sexy from head to toe (ok maybe he has a little flaw on his toe). Piercing blue eyes, muscles that any man would die to have, with those muscles comes strength that makes me feel safe, his sexy bald head, not to mention he makes clothes look really good too. Shoot, I could have married him for just his looks and still come away in the good, but the truth of the matter is that this man is the perfect man for me. Yes, we may appear to be an odd couple to some but if you were a fly on the wall in my house you would see this is a perfect connection. ( then you would die because Big Papa hates flies, ask the girls).

1 comment:

Erin said...

I remember first hearing about this guy you were writing letters to and talking to on the phone when we were on our Creation trip in Pennsylvania. I think we were at Hershey Park. God certainly knew what He was doing with you two! :)