Friday, August 28, 2009

Have Your Cake and Eat It Too...


Yes, my dear friends, that is an electrical plug on my dear sons birthday cake. If you had witnessed Baby "L" zap his tongue as many times as I have, you would have chosen this same theme as I felt compelled to do. I figured the only way to make food look appetizing to this little fella was to drape it in something familiar to eat.....plugs!!!
See, we took the plug off the cake and gave him a slice to eat and he looked at us and said, "You want me to do what with this stuff?" Ok, so maybe he didnt say it out loud, but look at that face....it says it all.
Baby "L" decided the best thing to do was to feed it to Big Papa before he tried it himself. "Here Daddy try this bite, its good!"
After the cake and ice cream, Memaw took Baby "L" on his first conga train while singing happy birthday Jamaican style. Its a tradition, as you will see if you look back at my many b-day posts. Its not officially your birthday until you conga with Memaw!!

And then there's the party poopers who are too big to conga. Shame on you 2 for party poopin' on the conga line!!!
Yay!!! Its present time!!! Thank goodness for gift bags...Baby "L" loved ripping the paper out of each bag. Then, there was someone by the name of Big Bro "O" that seized each gift (Im sure it was to check for age appropriateness) as Baby "L" pulled them from the bag. Things got a little aggressive around the gift table, but what would a memory be without a good fight?

Just as Baby "L" thought is was about over, Pepaw swooped in with a great goodie bag filled with lots of stackers and shape fitters. And this baby hasnt gone a day without stacking or sorting over and over and over. Whats funny is that his sisters and Big Bro "O" do it just as much as Baby "L"!!!
After all the hoopla, Nana entertained Little "O" (and the rest of us) with her animal sounds song. Little did Nana know that once you do something funny, 2 year olds love to make you do it 100 times more. "Again..., again..., again..."
Then Baby "L" tried to play a game of hide and go seek with Pepa ....I wonder if he knows that this doesnt make him invisible?
When it was all said and done and the smoke had cleared and Baby "L" was finally able to see what wonderful gifts he received, he fell in love with his baby Tonka's. He loves to roll the wheels and make motor sounds with his mouth. He has driven his little Tonka trucks many miles on my kitchen floor since we got home from the party. Thanks everyone for making this celebration of Baby "L"s birthday a day to remember and cherish for ever. Now I must go and cry ......my baby is growing up!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

But you're not done, right? :)

McKids said...

i dont know. my baggy eyes and lack of bedrooms says i am, but every so often my desire to overwhelms me and my heart yearns to hold another tiny bundle of baby love.
jenn
ps congrats again we are all rejoicing for you guys