Saturday, July 9, 2011

Small Talk

Do you ever have one of those days when it feels like everything you say is "small talk"? You know those generic comments like...Wow can you believe how hot it is?...Those are nice shoes...We'll have to get together sometime...
It goes on and on the things you can say without saying anything. Amazing! Anyway, I feel as if my entire conversations lately are nothing but a bunch of "small talk" statements added up to sound like conversation. When really I am saying nothing at all. Why do people get together and never really talk about anything. I'll tell you why...FEAR...fear of judgement. If I were to expose the comments that rush to my head, but I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying; people would look at me like I had two heads. Because what comes to my head is the truth, but what I allow out of my mouth is the filtered version and it is so dulled down that it comes out sounding like "small talk"! I wonder if everyone else around me is doing the same filtering and that is why all conversations seem so trivial. I say we take the filters off and just let it rip...it might make us all feel better.

No comments: