Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Little "O"....


Today is our baby boys birthday!!! At 10:19 am one year ago this little miracle came into the world. After giving birth to 5 sweet miracles prior, I knew what I was in for with labor and delivery. However, little did I know how different it would all be once we came home with this little bundle of boy. From day one he has been so different from the girls. He is a great sleeper and so meticulous with all he does. Is that a boy thing or a little "O" thing? I guess we will find out in the coming year as our next baby boy (Lyndon) grows into boyhood as well. As my love grows for each one of my children daily so has my love for little "O"!!! Time seems to have flown by and I am realizing that I need to soak in everyday with this miracle we have been given. If this year has gone this fast, how fast will it go next year and the year following? I dont want to wake up one morning to a young man leaving me for college and wonder where his babyhood went.

I charge all of you to live each day soaking in every moment of your loved ones (especially childrens) lives, because I already wake up and look at My "H" and wonder when did you become who you are? This amazing journey began with that little miracle full of such a will to live and now she is turning 11 this fall. I am going to make it a day full of remembering today and try to slow this timeline down. We will all talk about "when you were a baby" so everyone knows that I remember them just as clearly as I remember Little "O".

Thank you little "O" for reminding us today on your birthday that life is truly a miracle and everyday we have with you and each other is a gift from God. You are an amazing little boy who I love just to love on. Thank you for allowing me to be your mommy and for giving me such joy in you.

Here is the song that has rocked you into sleep for the past year, I know that one day you will be too old to want to hear me sing it to you so I am going to record it here for you to have memory forever:




1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy!