Friday, June 27, 2008

How Do I Keep From Losing It?!?

Ok, for anyone who is not aware of our current house selling situation...here is the basic rundown. We have had our house on the market for almost 15 months. Some of that time with a realtor some by owner. We are currently with another realtor and I am going off the deep end. I am so sick of going crazy to put my house in show quality and then turn around and no one shows up. Yesterday, the girls and I kicked our rears trying to get this place ready for a showing at 7:00pm. Its not like we live in filth, but when you have six kids and a baby on the way, things tend to get a little out of place throughout the day. The girls are not the most meticulous cleaners but they do try to help. However, the most part falls on me and when you have a belly that protrudes way beyond the rest of you, deep cleaning is not the easiest task. Let me just say that as I walked out my door to leave for the hour that they had scheduled this showing, I was feeling pretty good ab0ut the way everything looked and smelled. I purposefully leave my door unlocked so upon returning if the door is locked, I know the house has been shown. Well, much to my dismay, the door was unlocked and there was no evidence that anyone had been there. I am so defeated today! I know people dont see what they cause when they do this to me but for once I would just like a little respect for the extreme machine that happens when a showing is scheduled. Do they realize that I doped my poor little "K", with 103 fever, up with so much motrin and tylenol to give her a false sense of wellness just so she would be able to help me. She is my best cleaner, and I depend on her. I am so sorry "K" for pulling you off the couch to clean by my side for no reason at all. You are a trooper! Maybe next time we will leave the house the way it is and see what happens. Yeh, anyone who knows me knows that that will never happen, but my what a shocker that would be to these mindless realtors who throw my world upside down for nothing. All I am asking for is a little consideration....just call and leave a cancellation notice next time so I can pull myself out of the whirlwind of cleaning. Please!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Good grief, I so do not look forward to when we have to sell our house. Glad you have kids who at least TRY to help you clean. Think I can get my three cats to clean their litter boxes and the dogs to vacuum the floors? I felt your pain just by reading your post. I hope it gets better. Can you tell the realtor you'd like a courtesy call if they cancel? I would hope they'd be open to that.