Friday, June 20, 2008

Take My Breath Away


"H" has hit that "bicker" age. She thinks I treat her like a baby and maybe I do, but it is all in the attempt to keep her safe. It seems that daily she and I have unrest with our opinions on life, however on this particular day I was able to catch her in a state of tranquility. There was utter chaos all around while we were trying to capture family photos but as she climbed up onto that rail and held onto that pole and I peeked through that camera window, finally I saw her for all she desires. To be free, she is my free spirited child who fights daily for that right. It is so hard to reign her in for school and chores and minor needs throughout the day but if I just remember this image in my head maybe it will make me more understanding as to who she is and maybe I just need a new approach. I love her passion and her spirit! Lord, help us to lead and guide it in the right direction.

1 comment:

Erin said...

She is beautiful, Jenn. Hard to believe I held that tall, graceful girl as a teeny baby, not too long after her surgery and I was so afraid I'd "break" her. Look how strong she is now. Amazing how time flies, huh?