Monday, April 21, 2008

Guess What? "D" is 4!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!


Saturday we all celebrated Sweet "D"s 4th birthday. I woke up that morning remembering that day 4 years prior when we were trying to beat the timing of natural delivery. You see Scooter was officially on orders to begin his tour for Iraq and I was not going to have a baby without him by my side making me laugh my way through the contractions. We set forth to be induced without my regular OB but I couldnt wait for his vacation to end, I needed this delivery today! Being that "D" was #5 the doctors new my record of quick deliveries and off we were to have a baby. From the day she was born she was born she just exuded sweetness (except for the smell of soy spitup). She loved me, but boy did she love her daddy. That man took off to Iraq when she was 3 1/2 weeks old and when he returned she gazed at him like she had been waiting for him the whole time he was gone. To this day, he is the one she loves. She climbs in bed with me in the morning and lays on his pillow so she can smell him before she goes downstairs for her morning dose of orange juice. If only he knew how much this little girl loves him.

Anyway, all that is to say Saturday we celebrated that God has given us 4 great years with our little "D" and we pray that He will bless us with her increasing sweetness as the years go on.

First, we started the morning with "D" making her own cake. All the girls like this tradition. I think they secretly love the fact that for once they are in charge while I sit back and supervise.....

....next, we took a trip to the Chic fil a in town upon "D"s request and we had a lovely lunch followed by lots of playtime on the playground.....

.....then, it was back to the house for candles and cake. My girl loves cake and she couldnt wait to get back to eat it......

....finally, it was present time and "D" was super excited to open her swimming baby. She has been diligently asking for this doll for 4 months straight. Hey persistence can pay off sometimes in this household.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy birthday sweet girl! I still think of her as being the "baby" in your family, even with O being here. I'm not sure why because she certainly is NOT a baby! Hope she had a wonderful day!