Tuesday, April 1, 2008

How Do You Do It?!?

Ok, I know I have mentioned before the need for everyone in Walmart to start conversations with us (due to the # of children accompanying me). Today was a day not unlike any other, however, I thought my goodness how many people can ask the same question? "How do you do it?" Well my answer to that is I started with one and added them one by one after that. I have never let the children overtake me in the store and they are all aware of that fact. They stay with my buggy they help get things when asked and they read lists as we go. The only difficulty at this moment is trying to keep Little "O" entertained during these 2 hour trips. As we reach the checkout, the girls begin unloading the buggy and then shift to the baggage go round where they begin an assembly line to refill the buggy. They are quite amazed how difficult it is to get the groceries back into the buggy after they have been bagged. A very strange phenomenon indeed.

Dont get me wrong, I do not walk around with perfect angels by any means. However, I must say I do walk out of the store almost every time thinking to myself, "Wow, we did it again". I do leave sometimes with a little too much stress but that is usually of my own doing. My advice to myself is to always have a list. The meat aisle is not the place to do meal planning for the week. Also, never take a baby in need of a nap hoping to do a quick shopping trip before he really needs to lay down. Your back will be in need of alignment afterwards due to the (23 lb)hip hugger you just hauled all the way through the store.

I guess to all the "how do you do it questions" , my answer is I didnt get them all yesterday. We have grown into this pattern of group shopping year by year. They know my expectations and I know their limitations. All in all, we make a big team, but it is a good team.

2 comments:

sharon said...

We had that question just tonight at a restaurant. So funny, we told the guy the same thing, "one at a time".

Anonymous said...

Dont' go to WALMART!