Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Birthday "K"!!!!!!


Look at that smile!!!! Can you tell that "K" loves birthdays? She said it is an especially nice day because she doesnt have to do any cleaning. My goodness I would think she would have thought it was great to have cake and get cool presents. I guess when your nickname is Cinderella the cleaning comment kind of makes sense. She does seem to clean 10 times more than her sisters. I think she secretly likes knowing that she is the one I can depend on when I am in a pinch and need a little help around the house.

Now this is a chore "K" is dreaming of being able to take over on her own. She loves to cook and make all kinds of food creations. Naturally she was telling me how to make the cake this year and she was doing a fantastic job of it. Maybe in the next few months I can start giving her more roles in the kitchen so she can enjoy the cooking experience while it is still fun to her.

She even decorated this masterpiece on her own. She is a little like her Mommy in that she is a control freak and likes things the way she likes them and she will not be happy any other way. She had in her mind how she wanted her cake to look and she took her time (1 hour) to make it exactly how she imagined it in her head. It is difficult to see but it is bordered by little pink butterflies and ladybugs in a very specific pattern. I think that was the part that took the most time and that is the part that barely shows up on the picture. It was a yummy cake though.....chocolate with chocolate icing.

For anyone who needs glasses to read the packaging on this gift...it is a body art and tattoo kit for kids. "K" is obsessed with writing on her skin with ink pens and magic markers and anything else she can find to put words or pictures on her.....when I saw this in the Walmart aisle I felt like I had hit the jackpot. Guess what happens when you give a child a body art kit.........

.....This is what happens!!!! My sweet little "K" is decorated from head to toe with tattoos and they dont wash off in the tub. You actually have to use alcohol to remove these works of art and guess who doesnt ever want to take them off!!!! We have a military picnic this weekend .....I guess she will fit right in with all the decorated soldiers there. Thats my "K".....Happy Birthday Sweetheart!!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, K! I thought of you guys on that day (I have her birthday written on my calendar). I hope you enjoy your tattoos. :)